Tuesday, April 7, 2015

America's Army : Proving Grounds Review

For me, I am more of a Call of duty gamer. I am very used to the mechanics of call of duty which is run and gun. But, when I saw this game called america's army : proving grounds, it gave me a damn nerdgasm. This game proved to me that Call of duty was just very unrealistic. It had all of the epic stuff that I expect from a realistic fps army game : healing, strategy and no respawn. It's like counter strike but this time without the people who think are going to esports any day now. When I player this game the first time, I was culture shocked from the way players play this game. So I learned how to strategize myself in this damn good game.

- Gameplay mechanics ; 10/10
This game really stepped up in the gameplay mechanics. You could heal yourself anytime , your weapon can go from shooting mode to standby mode and the movement is actually quite impressive. It really said to call of duty "you need to fucking shape up motherfucker" when it comes to gameplay mechanics. plus, this game will teach you real life stuff, like don't run into a middle of a gun fight like an idiot , aim really good, think of a GOOD strategy and most importantly, heal when you really need to heal.

- Graphics : 8/10
The graphics is also pretty impressive , but I have seen better. I mean, this game is on par with, lets say black ops 2 when it comes to graphics. Though there is an option to max out the graphics, they should kick it up a bit when it comes to graphics.

- Controls : 9/10
Do I really have to explain it's controls ? This game has the same controls with other games, but with a few minor tweaks. The movement though is very much fantastic because it actually feels like you are actually in the game. It makes you feel like you are the actual person in the game killing people down. Though I am not really used to the whole press shift to run kind of thing, the controls are still really good.

- Community : 9/10
The most important part of this game is it's community. The community are full of people combining strategies with other player's strategies during the game. It makes people have an easier time playing the game and people really help each other in the game (well, most of the time).

- Overall : 9.3/10
Though the graphics and the controls still have a bit of improving, the game is one fun strategy fps game. It makes you feel like you are the actual person in the field shooting at the bad guys and it just gives you the feel that you are an American Soldier. Do note that this game is still in beta so there might be a few problems in the game. But, if you are looking for a great free to play game that involves strategy, you should give this game a try.

Follow me on twitter : https://twitter.com/Weavilledeathex
Subscribe to me on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/user/weavilledeathex

No comments:

Post a Comment